Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust collects and administers a range of information for a variety of purposes. Some of this information is restricted in its circulation for commercial, privacy, or ethical reasons. We place the minimum of restrictions on the information we hold, but will ensure that such restrictions as are considered necessary are observed by our staff and volunteers. Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust has explicit procedures for complying with the requirements of the Privacy Act and ensuring the confidentiality of client family / whanau and staff information.
We expect our Staff, Volunteers and Board of Trustees to complete a confidentiality agreement upon commencement of service which states they agree to;
- - Hold confidential all information that Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust has placed restrictions on, and to release it to persons outside the organisation only when authorised by Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust and subject to any conditions set by the Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust.
- - Access information held by the Nelson Tasman Pasifika Community Trust only when necessary to the performance of assigned duties.
- - Make copies of restricted information only when necessary to the performance of assigned duties.
- - Oversee the storage and handling of restricted information to minimise the risk of its diversion into unauthorised channels.
- - Take reasonable care to properly secure confidential information on computers and take steps to ensure that others cannot view or access such information.
- - Not disclose personal password(s) to anyone without the express written permission of management, or record or post it in an accessible location, and will refrain from performing any tasks using another's password; and notify Management if they have reason to believe that access codes and passwords have been compromised.
- - Maintain the privacy of client and staff information in the course of their duties.
- - Understand legal and organisational requirements for maintaining privacy and dealing with privacy complaints.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- - Name
- - Contact information
- - Interactions with us
- - Interactions with other agencies if relevant
We collect your personal information in order to ensure that we make informed decisions about your needs and respond adequately.
Besides Our Staff we only share this information with the organisations that support us to support you and only with your consent.
We will always ask for your consent to collect and hold your data, especially if;
- - You are under the age of 17, whereby your caregiver, parent or guardian will need to give consent.
- - Your data is particularly sensitive.
We will place restrictions on the information we hold, when the information:
- - Is commercial in confidence.
- - Concerns the privacy of its staff, volunteers, clients or customers.
- - Requires protection to safeguard the intellectual property of the organisation.
Staff dealing with restricted material will be instructed in the recognition of material falling under these headings.
If you choose to not provide some information such as your medical disclosures you may be restricted in your ability to participate, if we are unable to ensure you can do so safely.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
You can ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org